The NCEC Auxiliary is always looking for product donations.
We use donated goods as prizes throughout the year, and for our very popular Silent Auction.
Our Silent Auction each year benefits our Fire Dept. We raise thousands of dollars each year for our fire dept. The department really needs the funds raised through the Silent Auction and other fundraisers to ‘stay open’ and serve us as a community.
Our fire dept. cannot raise money as they are a government entity, so we, the Auxiliary, as a 501(c)3 do. Our job is to raise money for our fire dept. One of the best ways for us to do that is through our yearly Silent Auction, and to hold events where we raise funds and give out prizes. This is where we need your help.
By donating goods to our organization, you are in turn helping us raise money both for the Auxiliary to hold events, and for our fire dept. Donating goods is a great way to unclutter your home, show off your crafting skills, and advertise your business.
Our yearly Silent Auction is in September. We have events throughout the year where we give out prizes. Asking for & receiving donations year-round helps us to plan events.
Our events and fundraisers raise money for both the Auxiliary, and the NCFPD Fire Dept.
We do have a few “rules”:
- Items must be new or unused, and undamaged (No one wants to win someones garage sale cast-offs).
- Items must be usable, but any size, large or small, for adults or children.
- If items are consumable, they either must be non-perishable, or if they must be refrigerated, donated just before the Auction. Alcohol may be donated (its great in a basket, and very popular!).
- Donated goods must be under $600 in worth.
- Items can be homemade and crafted by you, or your family. You may of course, insert a business card or label showing your handmade business.
- Gift Certificates from businesses are some of the best donated goods. We love these! This is a great way to advertise your business, or one of your friend’s or family’s.
- Clearance sections at stores is a great way to find donation goods.
- The Auxiliary board members have the right to refuse any donation that we deem inappropriate, or we feel will not benefit our cause.